Guidelines of the Preparatory Colloquia
Dates and duration of colloquia:
The dates of each of the four colloquia are determined by the President in consultation with the host national group.
Each colloquium is to last four days in order to guarantee an adequate discussion of the general report and draft resolutions.
The bureau of the colloquium:
The bureau of each colloquium is determined by the Conseil de Direction. It consists of
- the President
- the General Rapporteur
- the Vice President
- the Secretary.
The host National Group is invited to submit its recommendations to the President of the Association.
The Scientific Preparation of the Congress:
The Questionnaire and/or description of the topics are determined by the Conseil de Direction on the basis of recommendations from the Scientific Committee.
The Scientific Committee may complete the description or questionnaire or elect to have the respective General Rapporteur designated by the Conseil to do so. In this case the designated General Rapporteur submits the description or Questionnaire to the Scientific Committee.
Responsibilities of the General Rapporteur:
- To prepare a questionnaire if so requested by the Scientific Committee.
- To receive the national reports and to prepare a general report analyzing the contents of the different national reports along the lines of the topic description or questionnaire and prepare draft recommendations to be submitted to the preparatory colloquium for approval.
- To update the general report and draft recommendations on the basis of the discussions of the preparatory colloquium.
- To produce in French and in English a text of the general report and draft recommendations ready for publication in the Revue Internationale de Droit Pénal.
- To attend the Congress and present the General Report and Draft Recommendations.
Responsibilities of the Host National Group:
- To organize the preparatory colloquium, make all necessary arrangements for the meeting and maintain contacts with the national rapporteurs.
- To provide simultaneous interpretation for the meeting in French and English, the host country’s language being optional.
- To cover the travel expenses of the President and General Rapporteur of the colloquium and either the President, the Vice-President or Secretary General of the Association, as well as their residence expenses.
- Customarily the host national group also offers the residence expenses for the participating national rapporteurs.
- To prepare the manuscripts and assure their publication following the guidelines of the Scientific Committee and the Committee of the Revue.The number of copies to be printed is to be arranged with the Director of the Revue. Customarily that number ranges from 1,200 to 1,500 copies.
- The distribution and mailing of these issues of the Revue is to be arranged with the director of the Revue.
All editorial matters concerning the publication are subject to the approval of the Director of Publications of the AIDP and, eventually, the Editor-in-Chief of the Revue. The publication date is to be arranged with the director of publications of the AIDP and in all events must be in sufficient time before the date of the Congress.